Thursday, June 4, 2009

Saying goodbye

I never really realized how hard saying good-bye would really be. I know this probably sounds strange. Obviously, saying good-bye is difficult. But until it comes time to say good-bye, knowing that you will not see a person again for an undefined amount of time, it's hard to really understand the feeling.

Up until this point of my life, I've never really had to say good-bye for such a long period of time. When I went away to University, it was only an hour away. Even saying good-bye to my best friend, who would be 5 hours away, was a bit easier, because even then we could still visit easily when we were both home.

Anyways, yesterday I went out for lunch and dinner. I'm actually getting really tired of eating out, haha. I never thought I would feel that way! Tonight I'm going out for Indian food. I've never actually eaten at an Indian restaurant before, so I'm interested to see how I like it. I've tried take out and it's grown on me.. but it's still definitely not one of my faves... but since I've been going out so much I was very open to the invitation to try something new.

Last night while eating McDonald's ice cream, two of my close friends, Kayla and Liz, decided to hang out on Kayla's condo rooftop. I was freezing, but I'm very glad we did. It was a nice night and I got some nice pictures of the Toronto skyline. I will definitely miss the CN tower, Skydome and the rest of the city. The building that I worked in the past couple of years is also in the picture if you look closely! I had such a good time and can't wait to spend some time with these girls in NYC.

Toronto at night:
Photobucket

View on the other side... goodbye Spadina streetcar!
Photobucket

Enjoying the roof:
Photobucket

Here we are!
Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Its definetely so hard. I cried all the way from the border to new jersey. I didn't get overwhelmed until I was actually in the car and this was it. I know how you feel 100%.

    ReplyDelete